Working group description and goals:
Data sharing and federation technologies are key for implementing programmatic data sharing among AgBioData databases. The recent AgBioData Data Federation WG survey exposed a need in the AgBioData community for training on several technologies related to data federation. Roughly one-third of data federation survey respondents indicated that they would benefit from learning more about Discoverable APIs; Linked-Data; Client-side integration of results from multiple data sources; Index-driven search technologies; Data Management Systems; and Data Sharing via services (e.g., Globus). Training on these topics will provide foundational knowledge within AgBioData databases to facilitate the FAIR data principles.
This working group will:
- Provide training resources on data sharing technologies via a collection of existing, vetted training materials; generation of new, written training materials; and/or other materials.
- Conduct at least one training webinar for the AgBioData consortium. All generated materials will be made publicly available. The data-sharing technologies may include:
- Discoverable APIs; Linked-Data;
- Client-side integration of results from multiple data sources; Index-driven search technologies;
- Data Management Systems;
- Data Sharing via services (e.g., Globus)).
Champion: Peter Selby
- Abbas Saka
- Adediran Daniel Adewole
- Bob Cottingham
- Can Vuran
- Ghulam Sarwar
- Jennifer Clarke
- Jinha Jung
- Mark Wilkinson
- Marcos Paulo da Silva
- Monica Poelchau
- Paola Pesantez
- Peter Selby
Meeting Schedule: more information soon!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.